Canned vegetables and fruit can be as nutritious as their fresh counterparts. Canned vegetables and fruit are convenient and easy to use. When buying canned goods, choose those that have little or no added fat, sugar or salt.
Why taste and explore canned vegetables and fruit?
- Just as nutritious as fresh and frozen.
- Lower cost than fresh or frozen.
- Require little preparation- simply open the can and heat up in minutes!
- Quality is consistent year-round.
- You can stock up when on sale.
- Add variety to your meals.
- Non-perishable (lasts a long time on the shelf) and therefore results in little wastage.
Choose canned fruit that has been packed in water or in its
own juice. Cut down on salt by using low or sodium-free
canned vegetables or by rinsing then before use.