Did you know that frozen vegetables and fruit have the same nutritional value as fresh vegetables and fruit? Adding frozen veggies and fruit to all meals and snacks will help you get the nutrients that your body needs. Plus they’re easy and fast to prepare! We invite you to taste and explore frozen vegetables and fruit. Below are some of the reasons why:
- Just as nutritious as fresh veggies and fruit.
- Add variety to your meals and snacks.
- Available in large bags so you can stock up when on sale.
- Last a long time in your freezer (6 -12 months).
- Require little preparation (washing and slicing is already done).
- Quality is consistent year round.
- Lower cost than fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Plus, you can use only what your family needs!
Remember, when buying frozen, choose options without added salt, sugar and sauces.
Freeze any vegetables and fruit that you have bought, picked
or grown as soon as possible. Fruit should be ripe but firm,
avoid over ripe or spoiled produce. It is recommended to
blanch veggies and fruit before freezing.