Central Health wishes to advise that visitor restrictions are in place at all Central Health facilities to limit the spread of respiratory illness, including COVID-19.
These restrictions will be in place at all times, however, patients will be permitted one designated visitor per patient and resident. Visitor restrictions do not apply to family/friends visiting palliative care patients or residents.
Anyone visiting a health care facility should always wash or sanitize their hands before and after their visit.
Visitor restrictions have been put in place to reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases which are common in health care facilities. They are designed to help keep patients, residents, families, staff and visitors healthy and safe.
Visitors can help reduce the spread of illness by:
· Cleaning your hands before entering the facility and after visiting your loved ones.
· Visiting only one patient/resident.
· NOT visiting if you are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms.
Do not visit, if you are:
· experiencing fever, cough or difficulty breathing or flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms; or
· have travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days.
Central Health would like to thank the public for their understanding and co-operation at this time.