The provision of laboratory services to the clients of Central Health must meet or exceed accepted laboratory practices and be provided in an effective and financially responsible manner. We ensure that all policies and procedures are relevant and follow nationally accepted laboratory practices.
A full range of laboratory services are provided at the two regional referral centres, James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre and the Central Newfoundland Regional Health Centre.
In addition to these services, there are ten (10) smaller laboratories located throughout the region providing blood collection services, emergency testing and limited routine testing at the following locations:
• Dr. Y. K. Jeon Kittiwake Health Centre , Brookfield
• Fogo Island Health Centre
• Connaigre Peninsula Community Health Centre
• Bay d'Espoir Medical Clinic
• Lewisporte Lab & X-ray Clinic
• Dr. Hugh Twomey Health Centre
• Green Bay Health Centre
• A. M. Guy Memorial Health Centre
• Baie Verte Peninsula Health Centre
Department Contact Information:
James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre: (709) 256-5528
Central Newfoundland Regional Health Centre: (709) 292-2213